About me ...
Hi, my name is Mery Molenaar
Owner/translator at Molenaar Translations
I help clients succeed in the global market by translating and localizing their products and documentation into easy-to-read Dutch.
As a native of the Netherlands and longtime resident of the US, I have acquired fluency in English and Dutch plus familiarity with the cultural background of both languages.
Drawing on my education and professional experience in science, teaching, web development, and translation, I specialize in technical and scientific documents, educational materials, IT, and medical devices.
- I prefer an individual approach to each client
- I always go the extra mile
- What counts is the right approach and commitment
- And because I only accept work in my fields of expertise and interest, you can be assured to always receive quality and accuracy
What else ...
- Assistant Administrator of the ATA Science & Technology Division
- Immediate past president of the Colorado Translators Association
- Volunteer translator at Translators Without Borders
- Volunteer loan editor at Kiva
- Webmaster at Dutch School for Language and Culture 'De Petteflet'
- Education: M.Sc. in Physics, B.Tr. in English and Dutch Translation, B.Ed. in Math and Physics Education
- Hobbies: running, reading, gardening, traveling
- Best experience: Working as a secondary school teacher at Msalato Secondary School in Dodoma, Tanzania
- Favorite books: Bel Canto by Ann Patchett, The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay, The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Movies: Life of Pi, The Red Violin, Les Misérables (2012)